Every year, the Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC GD exam. This particular exam provides aspirants a chance to serve in paramilitary forces and contribute to the security and well-being of the nation. The SSC GD online application dates and exam dates will be notified soon. 10th-grade passed students are eligible for applying for the post on the official website; @SSC.nic.in. For the final selection process, aspirants must go through the online CBT, PST, PET, and Medical Tests.
What SSC GD Actually Is?
SSC GD is the examination for Staff Selection Commission General Duty. Candidates who want to join the force under multiple forces appear for the SSC GD examination. This specific examination recruits candidates for the positions of General Duty Constables in the Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Sashastra Seema Bal, Central Reserve Police Force, Rifleman in Assam Rifles, and Secretariat Security Force.
The examination is accessible to both male and female applicants who fulfill the Staff Selection Commission’s qualifying requirements. A CBT examination, a physical efficiency test, a physical standard test, and a medical examination are all part of the selection process.
It is a wonderful opportunity for graduate government job seekers to acquire a position with the SSC GD constable in 2023. Every year, the SSC fills thousands of vacancies in government ministries.
The SSC has already released the SSC GD vacancy 2023 revised Category Wise PDF on its website. This year, there are a total of 50187 vacancies for the SSC GD. The PDF includes vacancies for the SSC GD constable, SSC GD CRPF, CISF, BSF, ITBP, SSB, SSF, and NIA.
SSC GD 2023 Constable Exam Summary
The details regarding SSC GD 2022-23 exam are summarised below.
|SSC GD 2023 Highlights
|SSC Constable (General Duty) Exam
|Constable (General Duty)
|Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
|Constable (Males and Females)
|10th Pass (appearing not allowed)
|50,187 (Revised) – 2022
|Computer-Based Exam (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), Medical Exam (Detailed Medical Exam)
|Not fixed (based on the number of vacancies intimated by the Ministry of Home Affairs to SSC)
|Pay Level-3 (INR 21,700-69,100)
|Selection of candidates for Constables (General Duty) in different forces like CRPF, BSF, CISF, SSB, ITBP, AR, SSF, and NIA
|English and Hindi
|Exam Helpdesk No.
SSC GD Upper Age Relaxation
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)
|Children and dependent of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)
SSC General Duty Vacancy 2023
SSC has recently released the SSC GD Recruitment 2023 Revised Category Wise PDF on its official website. There, you will get the details of the latest vacancies for SSC GD constable positions. This year, there are a total of 50187 vacancies for the new vacancy 2022-23.
Male Position Available
The Staff Selection Commission has released a notification regarding the GD post for both males and females. According to the notification, there are 44,439 vacancies released for males. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will apply for the SSC GD recruitment 2022-23.
Female Position Available
The entire number of SSC GD vacancies for females is 5573. However, the SSC GD vacancy for women is much less than for male candidates.
SSC GD Exam Pattern
|SSC GD 2023 Exam Pattern
|No. of Questions
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|General Knowledge & General Awareness
For the Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Race for SSC GD 2023
|Candidates other than Ladakh Region
|5 Km in 24 minutes
|1.6 Km in 8(1/2) minutes
|For Ladakh Region
|1.6 Km in 6(1/2) minutes
|800 metres in 4 minutes
For Physical Standard Test (PST)
|Physical Standards for SSC GD 2023
|Height ( General,SC & OBC)
|Height ( ST )
|Chest Expansion (General, SC & OBC)
|Chest Expansion ( ST )
|76 / 5
SSC GD Constable Salary Structure
If you are considering a career as an SSC GD constable, it is essential to have a clear understanding of the salary structure associated with the position. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers competitive pay to GD constables, considering various factors such as basic pay, allowances, and promotions. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the SSC GD constable salary structure.
The salary structure of an SSC GD constable consists of the following components:
- Basic Pay: The basic pay is the fixed amount that an employee receives excluding any allowances or additional benefits. For an SSC GD constable, the initial basic pay is determined according to the pay matrix level 3, which is Rs. 21,700.
- Allowances: Along with the basic pay, SSC GD constables are eligible for various allowances. These allowances may include:
- Dearness Allowance (DA): It is provided to compensate for the cost of living and is revised periodically.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): This allowance is provided to constables based on their posting location. The HRA rates vary according to the city category (X, Y, Z).
- Transport Allowance: It is granted to cover transportation expenses incurred during official duties.
- Medical Allowance: A fixed amount is provided to meet medical expenses.
- Special Duty Allowance (SDA): It is given to constables who are posted in difficult terrains or adverse conditions.
- Deductions: Certain deductions such as income tax, provident fund, and other statutory deductions may be applicable as per government regulations.
- Promotions and Career Growth: SSC GD constables have opportunities for career growth and promotions within the central armed police forces. With experience and fulfilling the necessary criteria, constables can be promoted to higher ranks such as Head Constable, Assistant Sub-Inspector (ASI), Sub-Inspector (SI), and beyond.
|SSC GD Constable Salary Structure
|Basic SSC GD Salary
|House Rent Allowance
SSC GD Syllabus 2023
If you are preparing for the SSC GD examination in 2023, it is crucial to have a clear understanding of the syllabus to strategize your study plan effectively. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) outlines a specific syllabus for the General Duty (GD) examination. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to the SSC GD syllabus for the year 2023.
The SSC GD examination consists of four major sections:
1. General Intelligence and Reasoning
This section evaluates your analytical and logical reasoning skills. It includes topics such as:
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Venn Diagrams
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Statement and Conclusions
- Analytical Reasoning
2. General Knowledge and General Awareness
This section tests your knowledge of current affairs, general awareness, and static GK. It covers various subjects, including:
- Static General Knowledge
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Awards and Honors
- Books and Authors
- Important Dates and Events
3. Elementary Mathematics
The Elementary Mathematics section assesses your mathematical aptitude. The topics covered include:
- Number Systems
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Speed, Distance, and Time
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Data Interpretation
4. English/Hindi Language
This section tests your proficiency in either English or Hindi, depending on your preference. The topics covered include:
- Sentence Structure
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms and Phrases
It is crucial to note that the level of difficulty for each section may vary, and candidates must prepare accordingly.
To excel in the SSC GD examination, it is recommended to follow a structured study plan. Begin by understanding the syllabus thoroughly, and then allocate dedicated time for each section. Practice solving previous year question papers and mock tests to enhance your time management and problem-solving skills. Stay updated with current affairs and GK topics by reading newspapers, magazines, and online resources regularly.
Remember to focus on improving your physical fitness as well, as the SSC GD examination includes physical endurance tests.
In conclusion, a comprehensive understanding of the SSC GD syllabus for 2023 is essential for effective exam preparation. By covering all the topics mentioned in the syllabus and practicing regularly, you can increase your chances of success in the examination.
SSC GD 2023 Online Application Link
The SSC GD 2023 Apply link will be activated soon by the officials after the release of the official notification on the official website. Students who want to make a career in Defence can apply for the SSC GD post. They can apply online from the official portal or from the direct link. Candidates have to apply for the SSC GD posts before the last date, which will be notified soon.
Overall, we will say that for the SSC GD examination, candidates must pay an application fee of Rs 100 for the registration procedure. Women and candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PWD categories don’t need to pay anything. Candidates can pay their fees through Credit or Debit card, Net Banking, or offline mode by generating a challan.
The Staff Selection Commission General Duty (SSC GD) examination is a highly sought-after competitive examination conducted by India’s Staff Selection Commission (SSC). In this article, we will provide an overview of the SSC GD examination, including its eligibility criteria, selection process, and the career opportunities it offers.
The SSC GD examination is conducted to recruit eligible candidates for various posts in central armed police forces, including the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). These forces play a crucial role in maintaining the security and integrity of the nation.
To be eligible for the SSC GD examination, candidates must meet certain criteria:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens. Citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, or Tibetan refugees who came to India before January 1, 1962, are also eligible.
- Age Limit: The minimum age for applying is 18 years, and the maximum age is usually 23 years. However, age relaxations are provided for candidates belonging to specific categories as per government rules.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have completed their 10th standard or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
The SSC GD examination consists of several stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE): The first stage is a computer-based examination that assesses candidates’ knowledge in subjects such as General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics, and English/Hindi language proficiency.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates who qualify in the CBE are eligible for the PET, which includes physical endurance tests such as running, long jump, and high jump.
- Physical Standard Test (PST): Candidates must meet certain physical standards, including height, chest, and weight requirements, as specified by the SSC.
- Medical Examination: Shortlisted candidates undergo a thorough medical examination to ensure they are medically fit for the duties associated with the post.
- Document Verification: Finally, candidates are required to provide all necessary documents to verify their eligibility and educational qualifications.
Clearing the SSC GD examination opens up various career opportunities for candidates. Successful candidates are appointed as constables in the central armed police forces mentioned earlier. They serve in different regions of the country, performing crucial tasks such as maintaining law and order, combating terrorism, and protecting national borders.
Preparation Tips for SSC GD Recruitment
Preparing for the SSC GD recruitment in 2023 requires dedication, focus, and a well-planned strategy. To help you excel in the examination, we have compiled a list of effective preparation tips. By following these tips, you can enhance your chances of success and achieve your goal of joining the central armed police forces as a constable.
- Understand the Exam Pattern and Syllabus: Start by thoroughly understanding the exam pattern and syllabus outlined by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) for the SSC GD examination. Familiarize yourself with the sections, marks distribution, and time limits for each section.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a structured study plan that covers all the sections of the examination. Allocate dedicated time for each subject and ensure you cover the entire syllabus within a set timeframe. A well-organized study plan helps you stay focused and track your progress.
- Study Material and Resources: Gather the necessary study material, including textbooks, previous year question papers, and reliable online resources. Choose reputable sources that provide accurate and updated information. Refer to the recommended books and practice papers to enhance your preparation.
- Practice Regularly: Regular practice is essential to build your speed and accuracy. Solve previous year question papers, sample papers, and mock tests to get acquainted with the exam pattern and improve your time management skills. Analyze your performance and identify areas that require more attention.
- Focus on General Awareness: General Awareness is a significant component of the SSC GD examination. Stay updated with current affairs, national and international events, sports, and static GK. Read newspapers, magazines, and online resources to stay informed and develop a strong knowledge base.
- Enhance Problem-solving Skills: The General Intelligence and Reasoning section require strong problem-solving skills. Practice solving various types of questions related to analogies, coding-decoding, series, and puzzles. Develop logical reasoning abilities and work on improving your analytical thinking.
- Improve Language Proficiency: Pay attention to your language skills, whether it’s English or Hindi, depending on your choice. Enhance your vocabulary, grammar, and comprehension skills. Read newspapers, books, and magazines to improve your language proficiency and comprehension abilities.
- Time Management: Time management is crucial during the examination. Practice solving questions within the allocated time for each section. Develop strategies to quickly identify and attempt questions that you are confident about. Avoid spending excessive time on any particular question.
- Physical Fitness: The SSC GD examination includes physical endurance tests. Focus on improving your physical fitness through regular exercise, including running, jogging, and strength training. Practice the required physical activities such as running, long jump, and high jump to enhance your performance during the Physical Efficiency Test (PET).
- Stay Motivated and Positive: Maintaining a positive mindset and staying motivated throughout your preparation is vital. Surround yourself with supportive peers, mentors, or study groups. Take regular breaks, engage in recreational activities, and practice self-care to avoid burnout.
The SSC GD examination provides a gateway to a challenging and rewarding career in the central armed police forces of India. It offers an opportunity to serve the nation and contribute to its security. Eligible candidates who meet the required criteria can apply for the examination and embark on a fulfilling journey in the defense and security sector.
What is the salary of an SSC GD constable?
The salary of an SSC GD constable varies based on several factors such as the organization they are posted in, location, and allowances. On average, the initial monthly salary ranges from INR 21,700 to INR 69,100, including basic pay, grade pay, and other allowances.
Can female candidates apply for the SSC GD examination?
Yes, female candidates are eligible and encouraged to apply for the SSC GD examination. The recruitment process is open to both male and female candidates, and they have equal opportunities to join the central armed police forces as constables.
Is there negative marking in the SSC GD examination?
Yes, there is negative marking in the SSC GD examination. For every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks are deducted. It is important for candidates to answer questions accurately and wisely to avoid unnecessary deductions.
How can I prepare for the SSC GD examination?
To prepare for the SSC GD examination, candidates should follow a systematic study plan. Here are some tips:
- Understand the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly.
- Gather relevant study materials, including textbooks, previous year question papers, and online resources.
- Create a study schedule and allocate dedicated time for each subject.
- Practice solving sample papers and mock tests to improve time management and enhance problem-solving skills.
- Stay updated with current affairs and general knowledge topics.
- Focus on improving physical fitness as it plays a vital role in the PET.
Additionally, joining coaching classes, seeking guidance from experienced candidates, and self-discipline are key factors in effective exam preparation.
Can SSC GD constables be posted in their home state?
SSC GD constables may or may not be posted in their home state. The posting of constables is based on organizational requirements, vacancies, and other factors. They can be posted anywhere within the jurisdiction of the respective central armed police force they are assigned to.